Register a tenancy online
The quickest way to register a tenancy is by using our online facility.
- To enable you to register a tenancy online you will need to create an online account here.
- Click here to register a tenancy online.
- Here is a list of tips for registering online.
Register a tenancy by post
Unable to register online?
- Download either the Tenancy Registration form or
- The Approved Housing Body Tenancy Registration form, which you will need to print off and mail directly to the RTB
The following information will be required by the RTB in order to register a tenancy:
- Rented Dwelling Address
- Dwelling Type (i.e. Whole of House/Apartment/Flat Bedrooms,
- Bedspaces & Number of Occupants
- Approximate Floor Area in Square Metres
- BER Cert Rating (if applicable)
- Local Authority in which rented dwelling is located
- Tenancy Commencement Date
- Landlord name/address/ppsn
- Tenant Name/ppsn
- Authorised Agent (if applicable) Name/Address/CRO number/ppsn
- Management Company (if applicable) Name/Address/CRO number
Payments can be made as follows:
- Credit/Debit/Laser Card
- Bank Draft
- Postal Order
For security reasons the RTB is unable to accept cash as payment for fees.
IF POSTING AN APPLICATION ENSURE TO KEEP A COPY OF THE FORM AND PROOF OF POSTAGE TO THE RTB FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS.